Chicken Piccata, for Two!
2 tbs. Gourmet Blends Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
2 boneless, skinless, thin-cut chicken cutlets
¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper and sea salt
1 ½ cups chicken broth
1 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
1 Lemon cut into wedges
3 tbsp. nonpareil capers
3 tbsp. vegetable butter
1 minced garlic clove
1. Season chicken with sea salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Generously coat a 12-in. ovenproof skillet with Tuscan Herb Olive Oil and 2 tbsp. of butter.
3. Heat pan over high heat. Place cutlets in pan until lightly browned, 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Add chicken broth, garlic, rosemary and capers. Bring to a simmer, 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Return chicken to the pan and squeeze 1 or 2 lemon wedges over chicken. gently simmer until chicken is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and divide among 2 plates.
5. Add remaining butter to sauce in pan and cook over high heat until slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. (Add flour if you like you sauce gravy-like)
6. Spoon about ½ cup sauce over each plate.
Banana Chocolate Balsamic Ice Cream Smoothie
2 Ripe Bananas
1 Tbsp. Gourmet Blends Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
1 1/2 cup of Ice
1 cup of (quality) Vanilla Ice Cream
1/2 cup of (Almond, Soy or Regular) Milk
Place ingredients in blender, pour it in a cup and enjoy!
(Add peanut butter or more vanilla ice cream for a thicker consistency)
Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic and Cranberries
- Trim/clean Brussels sprouts, then cut them in half if desired (or you can leave them whole). Arrange on two baking sheets and toss with olive oil. Sprinkle with plenty of salt and pepper and roast at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, or until brown.
- Place balsamic vinegar in a saucepan until it begins to boil, then reduce heat to low for about 8-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle dried cranberries on brussels sprouts, drizzle the balsamic over the cranberries and roasted sprouts. Toss and serve immediately!
This delicious recipe was brought to you by the wonderful and talented: pioneerwoman
Kale-Berry & Apple Summer Salad (mango or pineapple optional)
1 bunch of dark green whole leaf kale
1/2 cup halved walnuts & pecans
2 tbsp Gourmet Blends Raspberry Balsamic
2 tbsp Gourmet Blends Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
(Add 1 cup of Chicken or fish for additional protein)
For the Kale:
Wash kale, take out veins and tear into bite-size pieces.
Massage with one whole lemon for 2 to 3 minutes.
Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes while you prepare your fruit.
For the Fruit & Nuts:
Wash and slice apple into thin wedges. Combine apple wedges and nuts in small bowl and put to the side.
After the kale has marinated, throw into bowl, add Gourmet Blends Raspberry Balsamic & Gourmet Blends Meyer Lemon Olive Oil, fruits and nuts and enjoy!
Nutrition info per serving (1 serving=1 cup)
Calories : 108 cal
Fat : 4 g
cholesterol : 0 mg
sodium :89 mg
Carbohydrates: 15 g
Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 3 g
By: Chef Stacie Taylor
Organic Pacific Salmon Marinade
Rinse salmon and allow to dry. Place in large quart size baggie and add the following:
1/4 cup Gourmet Blends Blood Orange Olive Oil.
1/4 cup Orange Blossom Honey.
Juice of two oranges
Sprinkle with Pink Himalayan Sea Salt.
Sprinkle with Garlic Salt
Place skin side up in fridge overnight. Rotate once.
Marinade 24 hrs before to intense flavor profile.
Pre heat oven 350*
Line a pan with aluminum foil and drizzle a little olive oil onto the aluminum (makes for easy clean up). Sprinkle with black cracked pepper, Pink Himalayan sea salt, garlic salt and Gourmet Blends Blood Orange Olive Oil.
Skin down, place in oven for 35 minutes.
Last 15 mins: drizzle the top on your salmon with Orange Blossom Honey. Cook until the edges are crispy and enjoy!!
By: Chef Stacie Taylor
Basil Truffle Ravioli
In a skillet on medium heat, combine:
1 Cloved Minced Garlic
2 Tbsp Gourmet Blends Basil Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Gourmet Blends White Balsamic
1 Package Trader Joe’s Porcini Mushroom and Truffle Triangoli
1/2 Lemons worth of juice
2 Pinched Lemon Pepper
Mixing and flipping, cook for 15 min. Garnish with tomatoes, fresh basil, and Black Lava Salt.
Serve and enjoy 🙂
From the kitchen of Kim, The Golden Dionysus.
Who would have thought pretzels and balsamic vinegar?!! But it is delicious! Simply combine an equal amount of Gourmet Blends Black Currant Balsamic, Jalapeño White Balsamic and Meyer Lemon Olive Oil in a small container and mix. Add a little fresh black cracked pepper to enhance the taste 🙂 Dip your delicious pretzel and enjoy!
Thanks Kim, The Golden Dionysus, for this quick and easy recipe!
For the Pesto:
(Combine the following in a blender or food processor)
2 1/2 handfuls of fresh basil leaves
2 Tbsp each of Gourmet Blends Rosemary Olive Oil and Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
3/4 Cup of organic mayo
2 diced cloves of garlic
3 pinches of lemon pepper
For the Pasta:
Boil approximately 6-8 cups of Rigatoni. Drain and immediately rinse with cool water to keep it from sticking. Combine with pesto mixture and top with sliced black olives, asparagus, tomatoes, shredded broccoli stalk and carrots and enjoy!
This delicious recipe has been provided to you by Kim, The Golden Dionysus.
Black Currant Teriyaki Skewers on Rosemary Sesame Rice
For the Rice:
In a pot of boiling water, put a medley of Brown, Red, and Black Rice. Once it is cooked, drain excess water if there is any and flavor with the juice of 1/2 lemon, 3-2 Tbsp coconut oil, 2 Tbsp Sesame oil, fresh rosemary, and Himalayan Pink Salt.
For the Black Currant Teriyaki Sauce:
1 Cup Water
1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
5 Tbsp Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Honey
Garlic Salt to Taste
In a small sauce pan, combine above ingredients on medium/low heat. After these ingredients have been combined and heated, dissolve 2 Tbsp Cornstarch into 1/4 cold water and pour into sauce pan. Turn heat down to low, stirring occasionally as you prepare the chicken.
For the Chicken:
Skewer the chicken once it is cooked but still tender, place it on top of rice and drizzle the Black Currant Teriyaki. Garnish with lemon, sesame seeds, and black hawaiian salt.
Our White Balsamic Vinaigrette is addicting. People like to put it on anything they can or just have it on a spoon. Of course it is great with a salad. Continue reading