1 cup couscous
1 cup chicken broth
2 tsp. Gourmet Blends Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
2 cups loosely packed spinach
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup sliced cauliflower
2 tsp. butter
Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 cup slivered almonds
Ingredients for Curry Emulsion
1/2 to a full can of coconut milk (13 oz. can)
1.5 tsp. Sriracha
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. curry powder
1. Rinse and dry scallops. Set to side.
Whisk together all curry emulsion ingredients using 1/2 can of coconut milk. This can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge.
2. Preheat oven to 425°.
3. Toss the cauliflower slices with a conservative drizzle of olive oil, in the oven for 20 minutes.
4. Cook couscous (the same as you would cook rice) with chicken broth.
5. While couscous and cauliflower are cooking, heat 2 tsp. of olive oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook 1 minute. Add spinach, and stir through olive oil until just wilted. Remove from heat.
6. Toss couscous with spinach in its olive oil. Add cauliflower and slivered almonds.
7. Heat butter in skillet on medium-high heat. Salt and pepper the dry scallops. Add to pan and cook approximately 90 seconds on each side until golden crust achieved on both sides.
8. Top couscous with scallops and drizzle with curry emulsion and enjoy!
This recipe was brought to you by: gingersnaps.com
• 4 slices of English muffins
• 4 Eggs
• 2 pieces of avocado
• 50 ml (10 tsp.) of mayonnaise
• 2 pieces of tomato
• 8 leaves of lettuce
• 12 slices of bacon
& Salt to taste
1.To make the avocado spread, peel and mash 2 avocados with a fork and mix it with 50 ml of mayonnaise. Season the spread with salt and pepper.
2. At medium to low heat, fry the 4 eggs using Gourmet Blends Roasted Green Onion Olive Oil. Next, fry the 12 slices of bacon until crispy and drain on paper towels.
Slice the 2 pieces of tomatoes and toast the 4 slices of English muffins.
3. Spread the avocado mayonnaise in between the toasted muffins. Arrange 2 leaves of lettuce at the bottom along with 2 to 3 slices of tomato. Sprinkle some pepper.
4. Add the fried eggs on top of the tomatoes. Add 3 slices of bacon and arrange evenly. Top it with some more avocado spread before putting another slice of English muffin.
This recipe was brought to you by Callum. When he is not creating content online, he’s in the kitchen experimenting with different flavours and food combinations.
• 2 eggs
• 1/4 cup canola oil or Gourmet Blends Blood Orange Olive Oil
• 1 cup packed brown sugar
• 1/2 cup applesauce
• 1 1/2 cups skim milk (or whatever milk you like)
• 2 tsp. vanilla extract
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
• 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
• 2 tsp. baking powder
• 1 tbsp. Gourmet Blends Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
Optional: your favorite toppings (fruit, nuts, chocolate chips, etc.)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper or paper/foil muffin liners.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, vinegar and brown sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add the applesauce, milk, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk until well combined. Stir in the oats and baking powder.
3. Fill the muffin tin with ¼ cup of the oat mixture in each muffin cup. Add your favorite toppings. Push the toppings down into the oat mixture with a spoon.
4. Bake for 30 minutes. Let them cool for 5 minutes before eating. Store in an airtight container or freeze in a zip top storage bag.
This recipe was brought to you by: thewholesomedish.com
• 6 oz chopped or finely diced salmon (raw or canned works. See notes for specifics)
• 1/3 cup butternut squash (pureed or mashed)
• 2 eggs
• 3 -5 tbsp coconut flour
• 1 rosemary sprig or 1 tsp dried herb of choice
• 1/4 tsp regular or smoked paprika
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
• 1/4 tsp black pepper
• 1/2 tsp garlic (minced)
• 1/4 tsp curry powder (optional)
• 1 tsp honey (optional – omit if whole30)
• 1 tbsp Gourmet Blends Roasted Green Onion Olive Oil or butter/ghee for cooking
1. First clean and slice up your raw salmon if you are using fresh versus canned. Remove any extra skin.
2. Place in bowl and then add in the your eggs and coconut flour. Mix well. Finally add in your herbs, squash, and seasonings. squash options You can used canned squash to make a fast prep. Or simply cut squash in half, remove seeds, and place in a microwave safe bowl with 2 tbsp water. Cook on high for about 3-4 minutes. Scoop inside and then mash or puree with blender, that’s another option.
3. Mix well into a batter. If batter is too runny, add 1 tbsp more coconut flour. Form into 8 small balls or roll into larger 5-6 balls. Lay them on parchment paper.
Press them into patties/cakes so they are around 1 inch thick.
4. Now turn on your skillet to medium high. Add your butter or olive oil.
Once heated, add in 3-4 patties/cakes at a time or less. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until you see the salmon is cooked thoroughly. If you are using canned salmon, they will cook faster.
5. Remove from skillet. Add more 1 tsp more or so of butter/oil and repeat for the next batch of 3-4 patties/cakes.Garnish with extra rosemary, black pepper, chili flakes, or garlic if desired and serve with your choice of dip/sauce or as is.
I used 6 oz fillet (skinned) of sizzlefish coho salmon. Feel free to use canned but it will cook faster, so watch the patties when cooking.
These are freezer friendly and great to make for meal prep or party prep.
If you are using Canned, you might need to add an extra egg for binding.
This recipe was brought to you by: cottercrunch.com
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• ½ tsp salt
• 10 tbsp unsalted butter
• 2 tbsp shortening
• 6 tbsp cold water (plus a little more if needed…)
• 1 cup lentils, rinsed
• 2¼ cup chicken broth
• 2 tbsp yellow curry powder
• ½ tsp turmeric
• ¼ tsp pepper
• 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
• 1 potato, peeled and cubed
• 2 tsp. Gourmet Blends Herbes de Provence Olive Oil
1. Bring a pot of the chicken broth to a boil and add lentils (may choose to soak overnight prior to cooking).
2. Add the curry, turmeric, and pepper.
3. Cook the lentils covered for 1 hour on a low boil (medium heat should be fine, as long as it slightly boils).
4. Add the chopped carrots and potatoes and continue to cook for 20 more minutes.
In the meantime, prepare the crust by adding all ingredients to a bowl and using a pastry blender to cut the butter and shortening into the flour until you have a uniform, crumbly mixture.
5. Add the water 1 tbsp at a time and stir with a fork.
Add just enough water to gather the dough in a ball with your hands without it falling apart too much, then wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
6. Roll a fistful of dough out on a floured surface to a circle of about 8 or 9-inches diameter and transfer to a greased baking sheet.
7. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
8. Spoon 1-2 tbsp of filling over one half of the pie, about ½ inch away from the edge.
Close the other side over the pie, and wet your finger and use the water to seal the edges.
Then, turn the edges over back onto the pie, and seal by pressing a fork all the way around the edge.
9. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
Credit: This recipe was brought to you by mysanfranciscokitchen.com
• 1 tbsp Gourmet Blends Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
• 5 eggs
• 8 turkey breakfast sausages fully cooked
• 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
• 8 oz can of 8 Pillsbury crescent rolls
• 2 oz cheddar cheese shredded
• 1 egg beaten for egg wash
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
2. Beat the 5 eggs in a bowl. Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Pour in the beaten eggs. As the eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan using a spatula, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking, pulling, lifting and folding eggs, until thickened and there is no more visible liquid. Remove from heat.
3. Sprinkle the flour onto your work surface then unroll the crescent dough over the flour. Roll it out a bit, if necessary with a rolling pin. Cut the dough into 8 rectangles, by first pinching the seams if necessary.
4. Top each rectangle with a couple spoonfuls of scrambled eggs, some of the cheddar cheese, and a sausage link. Roll up the rectangle and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
5 Brush each roll with the egg wash, then sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Credit: This recipe was adapted from jocooks.com
Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic and Cranberries
- Trim/clean Brussels sprouts, then cut them in half if desired (or you can leave them whole). Arrange on two baking sheets and toss with olive oil. Sprinkle with plenty of salt and pepper and roast at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, or until brown.
- Place balsamic vinegar in a saucepan until it begins to boil, then reduce heat to low for about 8-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle dried cranberries on brussels sprouts, drizzle the balsamic over the cranberries and roasted sprouts. Toss and serve immediately!
This delicious recipe was brought to you by the wonderful and talented: pioneerwoman
Basil Truffle Ravioli
In a skillet on medium heat, combine:
1 Cloved Minced Garlic
2 Tbsp Gourmet Blends Basil Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Gourmet Blends White Balsamic
1 Package Trader Joe’s Porcini Mushroom and Truffle Triangoli
1/2 Lemons worth of juice
2 Pinched Lemon Pepper
Mixing and flipping, cook for 15 min. Garnish with tomatoes, fresh basil, and Black Lava Salt.
Serve and enjoy 🙂
From the kitchen of Kim, The Golden Dionysus.
Who would have thought pretzels and balsamic vinegar?!! But it is delicious! Simply combine an equal amount of Gourmet Blends Black Currant Balsamic, Jalapeño White Balsamic and Meyer Lemon Olive Oil in a small container and mix. Add a little fresh black cracked pepper to enhance the taste 🙂 Dip your delicious pretzel and enjoy!
Thanks Kim, The Golden Dionysus, for this quick and easy recipe!
For the Pesto:
(Combine the following in a blender or food processor)
2 1/2 handfuls of fresh basil leaves
2 Tbsp each of Gourmet Blends Rosemary Olive Oil and Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
3/4 Cup of organic mayo
2 diced cloves of garlic
3 pinches of lemon pepper
For the Pasta:
Boil approximately 6-8 cups of Rigatoni. Drain and immediately rinse with cool water to keep it from sticking. Combine with pesto mixture and top with sliced black olives, asparagus, tomatoes, shredded broccoli stalk and carrots and enjoy!
This delicious recipe has been provided to you by Kim, The Golden Dionysus.