Chicken Piccata, for Two!
2 tbs. Gourmet Blends Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
2 boneless, skinless, thin-cut chicken cutlets
¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper and sea salt
1 ½ cups chicken broth
1 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
1 Lemon cut into wedges
3 tbsp. nonpareil capers
3 tbsp. vegetable butter
1 minced garlic clove
1. Season chicken with sea salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Generously coat a 12-in. ovenproof skillet with Tuscan Herb Olive Oil and 2 tbsp. of butter.
3. Heat pan over high heat. Place cutlets in pan until lightly browned, 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Add chicken broth, garlic, rosemary and capers. Bring to a simmer, 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Return chicken to the pan and squeeze 1 or 2 lemon wedges over chicken. gently simmer until chicken is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and divide among 2 plates.
5. Add remaining butter to sauce in pan and cook over high heat until slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. (Add flour if you like you sauce gravy-like)
6. Spoon about ½ cup sauce over each plate.