Take your soup/salad to the next level with INFUSED Homemade Croutons
1 loaf of French bread cubed
1/4 c (approx depending on loaf size) Tuscan Herb Olive Oil (or Rosemary Oil or Garlic Oil)
Salt and pepper and/or favorite season blend
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
In a large bowl, evenly drizzle your choice of olive oil over cubed bread.
Sprinkle the seasoning evenly over the bread & toss gently until well-combined.
Spread the bread cubes out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
Bake until golden, turn once halfway through cooking in order to brown all sides of the croutons. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the cubes, so watch to be sure that they do not burn. Should take approximately 10-15 minutes
Remove from oven, and let cool completely. Use immediately, or store in an air-tight container for up to 1 week.
• 1 tbsp Gourmet Blends Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
• 5 eggs
• 8 turkey breakfast sausages fully cooked
• 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
• 8 oz can of 8 Pillsbury crescent rolls
• 2 oz cheddar cheese shredded
• 1 egg beaten for egg wash
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
2. Beat the 5 eggs in a bowl. Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Pour in the beaten eggs. As the eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan using a spatula, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking, pulling, lifting and folding eggs, until thickened and there is no more visible liquid. Remove from heat.
3. Sprinkle the flour onto your work surface then unroll the crescent dough over the flour. Roll it out a bit, if necessary with a rolling pin. Cut the dough into 8 rectangles, by first pinching the seams if necessary.
4. Top each rectangle with a couple spoonfuls of scrambled eggs, some of the cheddar cheese, and a sausage link. Roll up the rectangle and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
5 Brush each roll with the egg wash, then sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Credit: This recipe was adapted from jocooks.com
Chicken Piccata, for Two!
2 tbs. Gourmet Blends Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
2 boneless, skinless, thin-cut chicken cutlets
¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper and sea salt
1 ½ cups chicken broth
1 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
1 Lemon cut into wedges
3 tbsp. nonpareil capers
3 tbsp. vegetable butter
1 minced garlic clove
1. Season chicken with sea salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Generously coat a 12-in. ovenproof skillet with Tuscan Herb Olive Oil and 2 tbsp. of butter.
3. Heat pan over high heat. Place cutlets in pan until lightly browned, 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Add chicken broth, garlic, rosemary and capers. Bring to a simmer, 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Return chicken to the pan and squeeze 1 or 2 lemon wedges over chicken. gently simmer until chicken is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and divide among 2 plates.
5. Add remaining butter to sauce in pan and cook over high heat until slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. (Add flour if you like you sauce gravy-like)
6. Spoon about ½ cup sauce over each plate.
Make a flavorful start to your day with Tuscan Herb Olive Oil Toast. Use delicious fresh and gourmet ingredients to give it that wholesome delicious taste you’ve come to know with Gourmet Blends products. Ingredients: … Continue reading