Iris’ Roasted Beet, Orange and Goat Cheese Salad with Traditional Balsamic Vinegar and Blood Orange Olive Oil always delights the palate.
– 4 medium beets, roasted (golden Beets are great too if you can find them)
– 2 navel oranges or clementines, peeted, sections removed from membranes
– Goat cheese slices or high quality mozzarella slices (around 8 oz.)
– 1/2 small red onion, sliced paper thin
– Greens such as arugula or mesclun lettuces, washed and dried
– 1/4 c. toasted pine nuts
– Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
– Blood Orange Olive Oil
– Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Rub beets with regular olive oil, wrap in foil and place on sheet pan in oven for at least 45 minutes or till fork tender. Once done, remove and let cool. Wear rubber gloves to protect your hands from beet stains while removing skins. Toast pine nuts briefly in oven for 3-4 minutes. Set aside to cool. Divide greens between plates. Slice beets. Arrange alternate slices of beets, cheese and orange segments on greens. Place a few sliced rings of red onion on top. Drizzle lightly with Traditional Balsamic Vinegar and Blood Orange Olive Oil. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serves 2 as main course; 4 as side dish.
- Roasted Asparagus with Traditional Balsamic Vinegar & Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- Ann’s Harvest Salad for Two with Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar and Lime Olive Oil
- Ann’s Mango Salad for Two with Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar and Lime Olive Oil
- Richard’s Cucumber and Red Onion Salad with Richard’s Cucumber and Red Onion Salad with Black Currant Balsamic Vinegar and Rosemary Olive Oil
- Baked Beet Salad