1 whole round of Naan* bread
2-3 oz. goat cheese, room temperature (enough to cover naan)
1 medium ripe tomato, sliced into paper thin discs
8-9 dried Black Mission Figs
1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. crush red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp. dried oregano or 1 tsp. fresh oregano
1 tsp. fresh basil, chopped
1/4 tsp. sea salt
Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
* Naan is an Indian flatbread found in grocery stores more and more these days. If unavailable, use flatbread.
1. Chop figs into a medium small dice and place in cup.
2. Pour olive oil over them.
3. Add crushed red pepper flakes, oregano, basil and salt.
> Let stand for 5 minutes.
4. Place Naan in toaster oven long enough to crisp.
5. Place on cutting board.
6. Spread goat cheese all over surface (micro waving goat cheese for 5 seconds will make it easier to spread).
7. Arrange tomato slices on top of goat cheese.
8. Spread fig mixture all over tomatoes.
9. Drizzle Traditional Balsamic Vinegar artfully over the entire “pizza.”
10. Slice with pizza cutter or sharp knife into pie shaped pieces.
Serve and enjoy Naan Pizza with Traditional Balsamic! A great appetizer with champagne, prosecco or cava.
From the kitchen of Iris Benjamin; food aficionado and co-owner of BR Blends, a proud distributor of Gourmet Blends.
- Iris’ Baba Ghanoush with Traditional Balsamic Vinegar