Do you have a craving for fish? Try our Lemon Pepper Tilapia Fillets. It’s great for family meals or a party. Our Baked Lemon Pepper Tilapia recipe draws on common household recipe ingredients. Baked Tilapia recipes are popular because they cook quickly, have a light flaky texture; and fuse well with the flavors of many seasonings. Tilapia, a mild white fish (native to Africa), is a healthy source of low-calorie (low fat) protein, potassium, phosphorus, vitamin B-12, niacin and selenium.
Prep Time: 10 mins.
2 tilapia fillets (farmed in the U.S. and Ecuador is your “Best Choice,” while tilapia farmed in China and Taiwan is a “Good Alternative.” Source: Seafood Watch)
2 tbsp. black currant balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp. kosher or sea salt
½ cup brown sugar
2 tbsp. lemon pepper
1 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. cracked pepper
1 tbsp. good olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Rinse tilapia and season with lemon pepper and set aside.
3. Slice carrots into ½ inch slices. Toss in bowl with sea salt, brown sugar, butter, olive oil, and vinegar. Evenly distribute the carrots along with the sauce into a medium oven safe pan. (Line pan with aluminum foil for an easier clean up)
4. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
5. On medium fire, set the tilapia in the pan and let cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side and serve this simple delicious baked Tilapia recipe.
From the kitchen of Cirita Robinson. When Cirita isn’t working on her illustrations or connecting with other food aficionados for Gourmet Blends she’s in the kitchen creating simple fusion flavors with a lot of gourmet taste.