This spinach sautée can be dairy and salt free, but even more delicious. Read on and taste for yourself. This recipe is delish!
Ingredients for Sautéed Spinach (serves two):
- 1 Plentiful handful of baby spinach
- 2 tbsp Gourmet Blends Basil Olive Oil (1 tbsp when serving without eggs)
- 3-4 Pinches Vegan Mozzarella Style Shreds (Trader Joes brand is dairy free, melts and stretches). You can use regular mozzarella.
- Several pinches (to taste) of Mrs Dash Table Blend (salt-free)
- 1/2 Pinch of Himalayan Pink Salt Cystals (Trader Joes Brand or other substitute salt)
Method for Sautéeing Spinach (cook time 2-3 minutes or to your liking):
- Place pan over medium heat.
- Prevent sticking. Butter or spray pan. (suggestion: use coconut oil spray)
- Add baby spinach bundle.
- Pour Gourmet Blends Basil Olive Oil evenly over baby spinach. Toss to spread the Gourmet Blends Basil Olive Oil over all the leaves.
- Now top with vegan mozzarella or regular mozzarella. (You can also substitute with another cheese of your choice. Like a cheddar, goat or swiss cheese.)
- Sprinkle Mrs Dash evenly over vegan mozzarella and spinach
- Next turn the temperature down to simmer.
- Let ingredients sit to cook for two to three minutes or to your liking. Don’t let the spinach get too soggy by cooking for too long.
- Tend to prepping for plating sautéed spinach.
- If serving with eggs prepare and time out cooking of your eggs to be warm and ready when the sauteed spinach is ready.