Ann’s Shrimp with Coconut Balsamic Vinegar is perfect for gourmet foodies and all to enjoy.
- 1 lb. shrimp peeled and deveined
- Coconut balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 C unsweetened shredded coconut toasted
- 1-2 cloves of garlic minced
- 4 scallions cut into 2” pieces
- 3/4 tsp sugar (if using sweetened coconut, delete sugar)
- 3 TBLS rum
- Dash of salt
- juice of 1 lime
- Marinate shrimp in enough balsamic to thoroughly coat for I/2 – 1 hour in refrigerator.
- In a large pan, saute´ shrimp in oil until nearly done, about 2-3 minutes. Remove shrimp from pan a set aside.
- Saute´garlic and scallions for about 30 seconds. Add rum, sugar,and salt. Add shrimp and cook until sauce thickens slightly. Stir in coconut, spritz with fresh lime juice and serve immediately. Great as an appetizer or main course.